What type of wall surface can I use Wall Elephant wall graphics on?
- Our wall graphics will stick best to a clean painted surface that is smooth and free from defects.
- Defects such as bumps, divots, and other imperfections on the wall may affect the final look of your wall graphic.
- Walls should be well primed and painted. Removing our adhesive all graphics from a wall that has been painted without priming can cause the paint to stick to the adhesive and damage the wall.
What type of material is the wall graphic?
- We offer two adhesive wall graphic materials. One is a linen-like finish and the other is a smooth satin finish.
- Our linen finish adhesive wall graphic stock is made of 6 mil thick vinyl and has a white dull finish. The dull finish allows for indoor use with minimal glare from indoor lighting. The back side of the vinyl has a specialized tacky adhesive that allows the vinyl to be pressed and smoothed into place by hand.
- Our satin finish adhesive wall graphic stock is made of 6 mil thick vinyl and has a white smooth satin finish. Color will pop more with the satin finish. The satin finish allows for indoor use with slight glare from indoor lighting. The back side of the vinyl has a specialized tacky adhesive that allows the vinyl to be pressed and smoothed into place by hand.
What type of Ink is used?
- We use water based Latex inks that are certified to use in specialized environments such as hospitals and schools. The water based ink is scratch resistant for extra durability and it is odorless. The ink dries with a matte finish allowing for prefect color with minimal glare.
What size of wall graphic can I order?
- We can print a wall graphic any size that you would like. Your print will be divided into panels that are a maximum of 48 inches wide. Our software will divide your print into overlapping panels, allowing you an easy install and a final print that can be as large as you would like.
Will my print look clear?
- The clarity or crispness of the wall graphic is highly dependent on the quality of the art (photo) and the size of the print. The larger the print, the higher quality photo you will need for a clear final result.
- The best prints will generally come from a camera with a full frame sensor and a higher mega pixel count.
- We will inspect your file. If we believe your image will not print well we will contact you.
Will my print color look just like what I see on my monitor?
- No. Monitors show color in RGB whereas printing is usually done using CMYK (cyan, magenta, yellow, black). We use CMYK + Light Cyan and Light Magenta to achieve the closest match.
Will I need any special tools for installation?
- You will need a razor knife, painters tape and a ladder. You’ll use your hands to smooth the vinyl onto the wall. Be sure your hands are nice and clean.
Is there an order in which I should install each panel?
- There is a number printed on the bottom of each panel. Install the panels in order starting with number 1.
- After installation you will use your knife to trim the excess from the bottom of the print.
How do I remove air bubbles?
- Use your hands or a soft smoothing tool to push the air down and out to the sides of the print.
- If you cannot push the air bubble out then you can partially pull the graphic off the wall and retry.
- You can also use a pin or needle to poke a hole in the bubble then work the air out of the hole with your hands. Be patient and gentle and it will work.
Can I reuse the print after I install it on the wall?
- The vinyl is specially made for strong adhesion and the ability to be removed without special tools and without creating any wall damage. Once the vinyl is installed, it cannot easily be reused.
How do I remove my wall graphic?
- Simply grab a corner of your wall graphic and gently pull down. The vinyl will come off the wall easily.
What if I mess up my wall graphic during installation?
- We understand. Sometimes mistakes happen. If you ruin a panel we will reprint it for free. Just pay for shipping.
What is the return policy?
- We want you to love your wall graphic. If you are unhappy with the final print please let us know. We will work with you to get you want you want.
- If we are unable to make it work we will refund your purchase.
Need an installer?
- WallElephant wall graphics are easy to install. But some installation jobs are more involved than others. If you’d like to find an installer in your area visit http://www.wallcoveringinstallers.org/consumers/find-a-wallpaper-hanger/
Updated on 2016-02-23T10:52:52-04:00, by .